Monday 23 June 2008

Looong time no see

So, that was it, I dropped the ball. It is too much, the whole fieldwork thing is too much. I thought that the uncertainty was something that haunted you on the first couple of days, maybe first week. But here I am, fourth week in, and still don't have a clue.

The funny part of it is that I seat there, at the newsroom, and sometimes I think I've seen it all, I heard it all, I know how it works. It can't be, I know, I know. And that is when my paranoid side talks louder into my ears (which are soar from the combination transcription headphones + glasses): "You must be missing something. "These people are all lying to you. You have no idea of what goes beneath..."

I think I should had just remained as a journalist, a profession where paranoia is a great skill.

Have I finished? Being bored and finding it easy means that I'm done? Should I know what to write about? Am I extending this further than I need to? Do I have enough material to write about? Did I find anything interesting?

I have 6 weeks to find out.

No comments: