Friday 11 April 2008




This is my attempt to build a schedule for the days at The Newspaper

My objective with this is to see in a more graphical way what I have been thinking about lately. I need to make sure I observe the newsroom in different times and, if possible, at all times, in order to achieve a comprehensive combination of staff + time of the day + day of the week.

This way, if an event happens at a certain time in a certain day of the week I will be able to check not only if it happens also in other times of that same day, but also if it happens in other days of the week.

I am aware of the fact that it will be very difficult to follow this schedule by the line, since interviews and visits will be modulated by the process itself. But I found it important to have a plan that can guide me through it.

Maybe I am just a control freak. Maybe one cannot have such a plan when doing ethnography. Or maybe I just have to be good on it, which means being very adaptable to the circumstances and change the route halfway through the journey. I think I can do it.

No comments: