Monday 28 July 2008

Returning comments

Well well, here I am. I spent the last ten or so days writing myself up, so didn't have time to blogging. In fact, I didn't even think of this.
At the moment, my comments are:

- It is a very frustrating thing having to put all the experience one has in the field into a 12.000 words document. That is including all the protocol of a thesis.

- Having said that, I am in a moment of choice. I can either explain something really well, or lots of things superficially. In fact, I am trying to explain two things and not quite managing. So the solution could be to concentrate on one of them. But then questions about the quality and usefulness of my thesis arise, with that feeling of "so that is all I have been working so hard for?".

- On the other hand it has been a brilliant experience to play around with the English. Not my husband (who hasn't seen me for quite a while now), but the language. I am absolutely adoring the writing, no better satisfaction than the sound of a well written paragraph. I am not sure about my style, if it is academic enough,... I am sure I will edit over and over and over again.

- Distance is good. Every time I struggled with something, it was better to close the word window and do something else and then come back to that.



-

No comments: